Awards in 2008 – 2014
- IAPP AWARD: 4th ANCIAPP Varanasi IAPP AWARD was presented for the research work on “Studies on trace elemental levels and the complexity of elemental inter-relationships in serum samples of Bipolar mood disorders” at the conference held at Hyderabad from 14th – 16th November 2008. This is an award instituted for the best original work done in any field of mental health by an IAPP member from any state branch.
- ACIAN AWARD Sahyadri -2008 for the research work “A Study of Neuro Degeneration in Bipolar Depressive Brains”, held at Shimoga, 17th & 18th January, 2009.
- INDIAN ASSOCIATION OF GERIATRIC MENTAL HEALTH: IAGMH – INTAS AWARD presented at Trissur on 5th December 2009 for the paper: “New evidence on accumulation of Iron and Copper and depletion in Zn and its correlation to DNA integrity in aging human brain regions: relevance to mental health”
- MARFATIA AWARD – Indian Psychiatric Society 2010 at Jaipur on 17th January 2010 “Evidence of altered DNA integrity in brain regions of suicidal victims of Bipolar Disorder”
- Special Literary Award for the book “Dampathya Vaidya Shastra” by Kannada Vaidya Sahitya Parishat, Bangalore on 26th December 2009.
- Shiv Gautam Oration Award of IAGMH delivered on 19th Aug 2013 at Geron – 2013 at Lucknow. Topic: “Forbidden fruit in the Golden Years: Elderly Sexuality.”
- 20th National Conference of Indian Association of Social Psychiatry Conference at Kolkata.
Topics: Sexual disorders among elderly: An epidemiological study in a South Indian rural population.
Dr. Rao Won the Dr. G.C. BORAL-I Award
- 1st Annual Oration of Indian Medical Association – Vijayawada, AP – 29th Dec 2013 – Practice of Sexual Medicine Past, Present and Future.
- D.S Raju Memorial Oration Award of 34th Annual Conference of Indian Psychiatric Society – AP State Branch (APPSYCON-2014), Bhimavaram, on 12th & 13th July 2014. Topic: “The Mystery and Chemistry of Love and Sex”